10.17.2014

Harpy concept - priestess

It took WEEKS to finish this sketch. Not because it was so intensive but just because I had no time. I started it and thought I had finished it but then my BF commented that it wasn't quite right. I agreed and pondered on it day after day, waiting for some time to just SIT STILL for 15 minutes and finish up this sketch. So here it is. Finished it while watching Hocus Pocus hehe.

I'm not sure why but I like the idea of harpies being priestesses to the gods. Kind of like an pre-christian idea of angels. But I imagine harpies as being more...gray. Not good but not evil. They do the gods bidding and maintain the great temples or something. Guard the relics, preside over sacrifices, light the sacred candles.

Anyway, let me know what ya'll think about harpies - pertaining to my idea or just harpies in general. Keep up the great work everyone! I love seeing all the ideas!

with love - M

1 comment :

  1. I'm likin' the priestess-class harpy concept! I can imagine a whole array of fun artifacts to accompany. Chirp.

    ReplyDelete