6.26.2014

A feather for your trouble - harpy sketch

Feathers be hard. I totally ran out of space on the page, too, so the wings are way shorter than the probably should be. But I think all things considered, it turned out alright. I've done harpies before but it's always a challenge because I'm not well-versed in the structure of birds so I think this will be my chosen creature, if no one else objects. I know some other folks involved haven't posted anything yet so if you had your heart set on doing harpies, speak now! So I can find something even more of a challenge... like selkies or something. Regardless, I'm pumped to see everyone's ideas! Don't be shy!

-Meredith

2 comments :

  1. I'm very much liking the crested-like details around the face. And, great choice for a challenge! Those animal-human hybrid anatomies sure are intimidating (at least to me). G'luck and happy sketching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty awesome - and one hell of a challenge. FEATHERS, yo, HOW DO YOU DOES THEM?! I like the leg and the claws - love the detail and the pose.

    ReplyDelete